Readings on Technical Approaches to Managing Identity and Reputation (13 December 2011)
- OpenID and the Identity Systems of Yahoo, Google & MSN
- Kim Cameron's The Laws of Identity
- What Designers Can Learn From Facebook's Beacon: the collision of "fronts"
- What's Federated Identity Management?
- Understanding Social Identity Systems and Facebook Connect
- Pew Internet report on Digital Footprints
- Simon Willison Tech Talk on "The Implications of OpenID"
- Resnick, Paul, Zeckhauser, Richard, Friedman, Eric, and Kuwabara, Ko. Reputation Systems. Communications of the ACM, 43(12), December 2000, pages 45-48. (PDF)
- Bokardo, John. Social Design Patterns for Reputation Systems: An Interview with Yahoo's Bryce Glass, Part I and Part II. June 2008.
- Kirtland, Alex and Schiff, John. "On a Scale from 1 to 5." Boxes and Arrows, November 2008.